Pages

Saturday 7 January 2017

The View from Mount Washington

August 17, 2016

I may have gotten a little carried away with panoramas.
I'm aware there are multiple mountains in the world that have been named Mount Washington. The one that I visited this summer was on Vancouver Island, off the west coast of British Columbia. Mount Washington was name, so they say, because from the east coast of the Island, it looks like the skyward facing silhouette of President George Washington's face. Enjoy these photos from my trip up the mountain with my parents during my brief time back home.

Vancouver Island is riddled with lakes. Below, the Forbidden Plateau rolls out as green mounds of trees beneath the brown backbone of the Island.
Some ponds way down in Forbidden Plateau.
To the south, another set of high-rising hills pushes through the coastal plateau.
Another panorama of Vancouver Island backbone and the lakes of Forbidden Plateau.

1 comment:

  1. That highest peak is mount Albert Edward. We climbed that a couple years ago (remember the sunburned nose!)

    ReplyDelete