Pages

Sunday 20 November 2016

The End of Columbia River Gorge Photography: Part II

For Part I of this series, click here.
Get ready, because I honestly cannot get enough of these lizards. Lighting's bad on this one.
Better lighting, perhaps, but angle isn't ideal. More of the sunny side, I think.
That's better; now I can see the characteristic blue patch of the western fence lizard, but the best is yet to come. 
The guide told me the name of this plant, but I can't remember. Should have posted sooner. 
Nice view of the Columbia River.

This is my favourite lizard photo of the lot. You can see the yellows really well behind the head and armpit.

A lizard in hand is better than two on the stone. Above are a couple wildflower photos, as if there weren't enough daisy pictures in the world already.

This place, Horsethief Butte, was a popular destination for climbers, but also a great place to catch lizards and contemplate ice age geology.
The view from the top of Horsethief Butte.
More of those flowers that I'm supposed to know the name of.
Industry is everywhere. Chose one: good or bad. Well, kind of both. Though this place was raging rapids in the day of Lewis and Clark, it is now a highway for boats and barges. The energy from the dam powers the whole town adjacent.
Here's another good shot. This one must be a sagebrush lizard. 
Look how the blue spots show up so well! Of course, I did saturate this photo a little from the original.
This photo is pure fraud. Just thought it looked pretty all doctored up to bring out the pinks. Looks kind of like one of those old paintings of prehistoric times; purple sky, blue volcano, and- Hey! Where's the T-rex?

This picture is more true to the original colour of the sunset. Of course, it is impossible to replicate the vivid beauty that the human eye can produce from such light.
In the morning, I found a common garter snake near the campground, probably the valley garter snake subspecies.
Extremely placid little fellow. I gave him a kiss on the lips. That's why his cheeks are blushing red. 
If you enjoyed these photos, stay tuned for Part III!

No comments:

Post a Comment