Pages

Sunday 20 November 2016

The End of Columbia River Gorge Photography: Part III

If you haven't had a chance to read Parts I and II yet, you can do so by clicking the links below.




This little Anna's hummingbird stayed still long enough for me to play with the lighting and background.
They had a bird show at the museum. This unfortunate great horned owl got in an accident and wound up with a buggered eye. I tried to remove the bad red-eye effect from the owl, so it doesn't quite look like it should. 
This is the American kestrel at the show.
Isn't he gorgeous? This is the most brightly coloured raptor in North America.
Another gopher snake, and not a minute too soon! I was beginning to miss their grace and beauty (think of my sorry, deprived state now). They are the most beautiful snake, in appearance and in character, that I have ever seen. Just look at the patterns on his head! I wanted to take this one home. 
He's so photogenic! I was truly, and completely in love with this one.



Above and at left are some of the goose families at the lake by the campground. The always have such beautiful plumage, so I started clicking away with all sorts of angles. Below is another sort of family; buffleheads.
A goose family on their way back to the water after a lovely evening of feeding. Lead the way, Mom!
This beetle walked in a most curious fashion, with its abdomen angled skyward. I wonder if it is a dew-catching adaptation, like the beetle featured on Austen Steven's Namib Desert film.
Stay tuned for the last installment of The End of Columbia River Gorge Photography: Part IV

1 comment:

  1. Who knew animals could be that awesome! God's design is evident and we are without excuse. Awesome pictures!

    ReplyDelete